Monday, December 12, 2011

ILARIO PANTANO'S NEW BOOK SOLD OUT AT BARNES & NOBLE -- BUT FRESH SUPPLY ON THE WAY.

By Verne Strickland:

Ilario Pantano's launch of his new book drew a standing room only crowd last week at Barnes & Noble's Mayfaire location in Wilmington. It was an exciting send-off for this compelling personal story of North Carolina's favorite Marine.

Ilario himself wrote a wonderful lead-in to this USA DOT COM feature about the event, and I pitched in with some of the comments I was able to record with Pantano supporters who were in line to meet their hero, a hard-charging candidate for the U.S. Congress from the Seventh District.

Here is Ilario's comment about the book-signing event, with some great personal revelations:

"ICYMI: The Wilmington Book signing event was SOLD OUT! All kinds of folks gathered for an opportunity to share the gift of the gospel in a non-traditional (retail) environment. A Chaplain from my time on the New Hanover County Sheriff’s office was there as well as one of my men from Iraq! “Doc” introduced himself to me while he was getting books signed. You see “Doc” was not planning on being in the store, in fact he had just relocated back to Camp Lejeune from California a few days ago. He heard my voice booming while he was shopping for toys for his daughter, and low and behold, two WARLORDS (E co/2nd BN/2 Mar/2 Mar div) were reunited 7 years after the war.

"Also, friends had just returned from Washington DC, where the story of my exoneration through scientific Autopsy evidence was on the COVER of the WASHINGTON TIMES."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/nov/30/for-marine-a-rush-to-judgment-and-belated-vindicat/?page=all

"Many of you who read/commented on this story have been stunned that our local NC media has completely ignored this newsworthy story. As my friend Rep. Allen West says, “you don’t get FLAK, unless you are over the target.” Friends, when you become a threat to the liberal establishment, you are treated “differently” and that is a sad fact of “journalism” today. Regardless, God provides us so many blessings, and even his challenges are to bring us closer to him. I hope we can all make the time to thank him with our whole heart. Let’s not forget that HE is the REASON for the SEASON."
Among the crowd of well-wishers at the book signing was Merry Pantano -- Ilario's Mother:

Do you think this guy is going to autograph your book?
Well I certainly hope so. Actually it's not for me, but for a friend.
This is a great crowd tonight. 
Yes. I always enjoy listening to Ilario speak to a group like this, because it was very painful for him to go back and write this book. He just had to return and visit so many dark places. It's good to see that he can talk about it and get it out of his system. And I think it's good for Americans to understand what it's like to fight for our freedom.
You're a wonderful Mama. Most of us haven't been to war, and we learn about the trauma through a warrior like your son.
I'm very proud of him.

                                                          


 Hi, what's your name?
Chris Thorpe.
Why are you here tonight?
To support Ilario, my friend and brother in Christ. I came to see him when he was baptized, and just wanted to be here at his book-signing. It's been standing-room only in the first hour or so. 
How did you first come to know Ilario?
Actually through CrossFit Wilmington. Clint Horsley at the gym introduced me to Ilario, and I've enjoyed seeing him there. He has a loving heart, and demonstrates that constantly to people.


Could I get a brief interview with you?
Sure. I'm Joyce Britt. I'm here to come out and support Ilario Pantano. I drove over from Bladen County. I'm part of the Young Republicans. He came and spoke at some of our meetings, and is a really good man. I'm going to buy two of his books. 
What do you like about him -- his policies, his character, for example?
I think the thing I like most about him is that he's a Christian. I'm not worried about him when he gets to Congress, because he is going to make decisions based on Biblical principles, and what's right.
Well God bless you and thanks very much.
AND THAT'S THE WAY IT WENT -- A SMASHING KICK-OFF FOR ILARIO'S SECOND MAJOR TITLE. BE SURE TO GET YOUR OWN PERSONAL COPY!



Ilario Pantano


No comments:

Post a Comment