Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Huffington Post Attacks Marine Candidate Ilario Pantano For Service

Verne Strickland Blogmaster

March 29, 2011

Ilario Pantano, GOP candidate for U.S. Congress in the 7th District, has posted a criticism of Huffington Post, propagandist for various and sundry liberal causes. Pantano's specific complaint is HuffPo's tiresome renewal of character assassination linked to the "Fallujah Factor" -- which has become predictable cover from which to mount sniper attacks by the radical left on slow news days. Wilmington resident and family man Pantano speaks to his supporters here, and asks not only for their resistance to these specious verbal assaults, but also for contributions to help counter "the barrage of lies against me."



Dear Fellow Patriot,

It seems like the Huffington Post is heavy on the huff and light on posts these days.

In an editorial, veiled as news, they're at it again distorting the truth about my service in the Marine Corps. Why? Because I stand for the conservative values that you do. But this time, their attacks are so distorted, so distant from reality, it wouldn't have any trouble passing as a fairy tale.

Because I'm not afraid to stand up and fight for our conservative values, I have become a target for the radical left. Accusing me of "premeditated murder", they have tried to twist facts of my service to suit their own need to demonize and discredit the American troops honorably fighting in a very real, very dangerous, and on-going wars. Liberals across the internet are parroting the attacks because they know the kind of change I plan to bring to Washington, and they fear it. They fear that your voice will truly be heard.

As a Marine, I wasn't given the option of picking my wars or choosing where to serve. Any Marine who has gone off to fight knows the cost, risks, and burden it brings to the nation that supports them. We put our hand in the air and ask to "send me." Without reservation, I would have given my life for my country and I had the honor of leading a platoon of Marines that felt the same. That is why I cannot sit by and let our country be taken apart brick by brick with liberal policies designed to weaken us.

I know their attacks on me won't stop. But neither will the work of a nation I swore to defend. America's challenges are growing by the day and I'm eager to return to my country's service – this time defending her in Washington instead of in lands far away. I've put my hand in the air to run for Congress, inspired by my friend Allen West. A proud veteran, Congressman West came up short on his first run, but the American people knew the man he was and fought to get him elected.

With the liberal machine working to tarnish my service, I needed to get an early start this time. We need to get our office open and start spreading the word amongst our activists. My first reporting deadline of the 2012 cycle is just 48 hours away, so now more than ever, I need your help. I need you to stand with against these biased attacks, filled with lies and untruths. With an immediate contribution, you will give my campaign tools we need to fight back and stand up to the lies with the truth.

Just looking at the television reminds us that we live in a dangerous world that requires leaders who understand the type of strong, steady decision making necessary to ensure peace. Our armed forces are now engaged in a third conflict, asking even more from an already stressed military. Having fought two wars myself, I have lived President Reagan's mantra of "Peace Through Strength." I know his conservative ideas work and I want to champion them. Will you help me to do that by making a contribution before the deadline?

We need leaders in Congress that respect the challenges they face in war, and understand the struggle families face at home. I will work to find the solutions we need to build a strong and prosperous future that will recover our economy and keep America strong for future generations.

I'm ready to lead, but I need your help to get there.

Sincerely,

Ilario Pantano
Republican for Congress - NC-7

info@pantanoforcongress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment