April 7, 2011
Excessively incumbent congressman Mike McIntyre has plans to get involved in the vitally important process of redistricting in the State of North Carolina.
He has no business meddling in this. But . . . what is the old saying? "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread?" Well, let's leave it up to Mike to decide if he really intends to rush in. If so, perhaps he knows what he truly is.
I think some of the rumors about Mr. McIntyre's goofy ideas are gross exaggerations. One is that he will set up a booth outside the redistricting meetings where he'll hand out brochures saying, "It's Mike's Way or the Highway!" But no -- even our very own congressman wouldn't stoop that low. Right?
We'll just have to wait and see.
But let's get down to the business of the business at hand. And here it is.
All of the conservatives in South Eastern North Carolina are proud of what our Republican house and State Senators are doing in Raleigh. Our 2010 teamwork throughout Southeastern North Carolina helped to turn back the liberal tide in Raleigh for the first time in 100 years.
In Washington we are trying to jump-start the economy, unravel Obamacare and balance the budget. In Raleigh we are finally standing up to Governor Purdue and the Tax and Spend liberals that have run this state for a century.
But now, Congressman McIntyre is trying to undo the will of the people with a new email campaign. He even re-launched his website with a section on redistricting! Imagine the arrogance! We face a crisis is job creation, a third foreign war, a struggling educational system, and a social security and medicaire system that is on the verge of insolvency and Congressman Mcintyre is putting up new web pages about redistricting? Now, he is even asking his liberal loyalits to pressure our newly elected Republicans!
Congressman McIntyre is spending his time and your money, working to keep his job, when he needs to be protecting yours.
MIKE MCINTYRE IS THE ONLY CONGRESSMAN IN ALL OF NORTH CAROLINA FOCUSING ON HIS JOB OVER YOURS. NO OTHER MEMBER OF CONGRESS HAS MADE REDISTRICTING A NEW FEATURE OF THEIR WEBSITE OR THE SUBJECT OF A NEWSLETTER. CALL (202) 225-2731 AND ASK WHY.
Want to show our new Republican leadership your support? You can call or email the leadership and THANK THEM for the hard work of cleaning up a century of Democrats back room dealings:
Senator Bob Rucho (Rep) (919) 733-5655 or Bob.Rucho@ncleg.net
Representative David R. Lewis (Rep) 919-715-3015 or David.Lewis@ncleg.net
If you are really fired up, then please show up at these redistricting meetings. McIntyre will be sending his agents and you must be ready willing and able to counter them every step of the way. This is about truly representative democracy, not job security for an eight-term Democrat incumbent.
Meeting Times and Locations
· Thursday May5 at 7:00 p.m. Brunswick Community College
· Thursday April 21 at 7:00 p.m. Fayetteville Tech. Community College
New Hanover County:
· Thursday May5 at 7:00 p.m. Cape Fear Community College
· Thursday May5 at 7:00 p.m.
· Site to be determined
· Thursday April 21 at 7:00 p.m. UNC Pembroke
Public Hearing Guidelines
Redistricting Committees of the 2011 General Assembly
1. Speakers need to sign up on the “Speaker Sheet” in order to speak.
2. Speakers will have up to 5 minutes for presentation to the Committee
3. Registration for speaking will begin: At the hearing site: 1 hour prior to the convening of the hearing, and will close prior to the beginning of the hearing. On-line: 5 days in advance of the hearing, up to 24 speakers, and will close 24 hours in advance of the hearing.
4. Speakers will be called according to the order of registration.
5. If a speaker is not present when called, the speaker will be skipped at that time. Time permitting at the end of all registered speakers, those skipped will be allowed to speak.
6. The presiding chair, at the chair’s discretion, may change these guidelines.
For those unable to attend a public hearing, written comments may be submitted for inclusion in the record. To submit public comment, please:
· Visit the General Assembly web page at http://www.ncleg.net/redistricting or;
· Mail written comments to: Redistricting, Attention Erika Churchill, 300 N. Salisbury St., Suite 545, Raleigh, NC 27603-5925
That's about it for now. We've done some of your homework. Now it's up to you, friends and neighbors. Happy trails!
I am your humble servant. Verne.