Friday, March 30, 2012

ILARIO PANTANO: FINISHING THE JOURNEY

                         VERNE STRICKLAND BLOGMASTER    30 MARCH 2012

Friend,

This has been quite a journey and if I haven’t thanked enough for all your previous support, then I am sorry.  You are making this possible and we are very close to realizing our goal of sending a conservative to Washington who will challenge President Obama and his liberal agenda.

I am running hard for the U.S. Congress and I spend 15 hours a day meeting with people all over the 7th District of North Carolina.  I have traveled over 100,000 miles in the past two years and made thousands of new friends.

I have looked folks in the eye. They have taken my measure and they have shared with me their concerns.  They know who I am now and they trust that I am going to fight hard for their families and for yours.

With 2012 getting away from us and a radical president POSSIBLY getting another 4 years in the White House, a fighter in Washington is what this district needs.

You and the people of southeastern North Carolina have told me so. Our 24,000 volunteer phone calls have told us so.  Even our recent 27-point lead in the polls confirms that our district wants a fighter.  My primary opponent is not the candidate that our district is looking for at this crucial moment in our nation’s history. I am.

We don’t need more politicians who went to Washington in the early 90’s and never looked back, we need patriots that will do the hard thing to actually change the CULTURE in Washington. As a lobbyist, my opponent will conform to what he knows.  On the other hand, as my history of service and sacrifice demonstrate, I will not be afraid to roll up my sleeves, rock the boat and work to reform an institution that 90% of Americans agree is rotten!

 We have come a long way, and now it is time for the final push.

Now is the time for you to dig deep and consider a contribution for this primary campaign.  With the way the new maps have been drawn, the winner of this May 8 Primary will be your next Congressman.   Even Congressman McIntyre knows this.  That is why he considered running for Governor and giving up the seat he has held for 15 years.

In less than 2 months the voters will choose. While I am humbled to report that we have managed to steadily grow our 2-to-1 lead over our opponent (48% to 21%), the final fight is about to begin. I need your help to finish strong.

A contribution today of $250, $100 or even $50 will go a long way to help me continue to get my message across to the voters. 


In the eight months since we opened our volunteer office in Wilmington, our campaign has invested heavily in building a volunteer Army that is over 1,000 strong.  We have over 11,000 contributors who have worked to help us change the political landscape both here and in Washington.

Many of our supporters continue to send us $10, $15 and $25 - almost once a month.  We are grateful to them because it comes from their subsistence. Not their surplus.  They are believers that one person can make a difference. Jill and I agree or she would never have agreed to the sacrifices we have had to make.  Not only have we personally invested over $15,000, we have invested our family’s precious time, and even our family name…Yes, the Democrats STILL run an attack site, slandering my mother my wife, and me. No wonder most good people choose not to run.

The past two years have taught us so much about this district and about what lies ahead in Washington.  That is why I am more committed than ever to reform the culture of corruption. From ending the insider trading, eliminating the pensions and gold-plated health care for members of congress and instituting TERM LIMITS, I am serious about trying to fix the root of the problem.  My opponent however does not support real reform and does not support term limits.  I see this race as service he sees it as a career.

Anyone can talk a good game about the Conservative platform and spurring growth in the private sector. But I am the only candidate that has achieved success in the private sector in FORTUNE 100 companies and small business. Anyone can talk about national security and energy independence, but I have fought two wars to prove my priorities and I have actually worked in the energy markets. Anyone can talk about conservative social values, but as a husband and father of two young boys I work hard everyday to live my witness and make the world a better place for my children. And for yours.

I won’t need as much money as my opponent to win in the May primary, but I do need to be able to be on TV in the final few weeks of the campaign.  That is why I am asking you to consider a contribution now of $50, $100, $250 or even more.

I have worked very hard to get to this point. Serving as a United States congressman will be the greatest responsibility and privilege of my life.  Thank you for all your support.


I remain “Always Faithful”-Semper Fidelis


Ilario Pantano

No comments:

Post a Comment