Friday, October 5, 2012

Verne's summery (summary?) on Mitt - Barack TV dust-up.

 Prolonged CPR

 By Verne Strickland / October 5, 2012 

Since I deplore most everything that PBS does and stands for, I was overcome with mirth and hilarity at Mitt Romney's 'Big Bird' lines.

As Mitt pledged to cut funding to PBS he said, "I like PBS, I love Big Bird, and I even like you, Jim!"

Well, I just can't understand that. I mean, why does he like Lehrer -- a foppish numbskull liberal? I'm reminded of comic songster Randy Newman who famously crooned that short people "got no reason."

Well, in my book, Mr. Lehrer got no reason either. Never did. He needs to be put in a cage with Big Bird and Captain Kangaroo.

While I'm on the subject, I don't like Neuman much either, as I am a vertically-challenged Southern American boy who topped out at just four feet eighteen. Never was a problem, though, as both feet easily each the floor.

But back to the Talk-a-Thon, I choked on my Orville Redenbacher popcorn when Romney quipped: "Mr. President, you're entitled to your own airplane and your own house, but not to your own facts."

Bases loaded home run. Attaboy, Mitt! You're a stand-up guy. And not a bad stand-up comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment