Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Hanover County Republican Party Chairwoman Amoroso to be sworn in as member of State Board of Elections on May 1.



Verne Strickland / USA DOT COM / May 1, 2013 


                                                                                        
Rhonda Amoroso: "I hope to make a positive impact in my new role on a statewide basis.  I’m ready to get to work!” 



Wilmington, N.C. – New Hanover County Republican Party Chairwoman Rhonda Amoroso was recently appointed by Governor Pat McCrory to the State Board of Elections.   State Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby will officially swear in Mrs. Amoroso and fellow board members on May 1, 2013 at the State Board of Elections in Raleigh. 

Mrs. Amoroso is required by statute to step down as County Party Chairman.  She served as Chairman from 2011-2013 and was recently re-elected by the delegates at the New Hanover County Republican Party Convention in Wilmington.  Prior to becoming Chair, Mrs. Amoroso was Vice Chair of the Party in charge of Election Operations.  She has worked with the State GOP and state and local candidates running for office.  She served on the Governor’s Transition Team, the Energy Advisory Team, and served on the Executive Committees for both Congressional Districts 7 and 3. 

Mrs. Amoroso graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law.  She practiced law for many years with a major law firm and was in-house counsel for a large public utility.  In 1997, she was appointed by the Governor of New York State as an administrative law judge, a position she held for a decade.

“Governor McCrory has bestowed this incredible honor on me to serve our state in this capacity.  I will focus on insuring fair and honest elections in our state, making sure that every eligible vote counts.   Election integrity and confidence of the electorate are crucial to the vitality of our Republic, “she said.   “It is a bittersweet time for me.  I will miss the wonderful people that I have been privileged to work with as Party Chair; at the same time, I am anxious to help North Carolina address the challenges surrounding voting in the 21st century.  I leave my post confident that our current Board will step up and continue our mission here to elect qualified conservative Republicans to office in New Hanover County.” 

Mrs. Amoroso said she would help to transition the new Party Chairman who will be selected at the next Executive Committee meeting.  “I have worked with, and met, so many dedicated and thoughtful people in our community and I will remain involved.   I hope to make a positive impact in my new role on a statewide basis.  I’m ready to get to work!” she remarked.


                                                            # # #

No comments:

Post a Comment