Sunday, September 14, 2014

TILL THE DAY BREAK AND THE SHADOWS FLEE AWAY

TILL THE DAY BREAK AND THE SHADOWS FLEE AWAY
Song of Solomon 4:6                                                 


By Verne Strickland, September 14, 2014

Till the day break , and the shadows flee away
This is on my Grandfather's tombstone. He died June 22,1941

It has a stunning effect on me. He took his own life on this day.

This is how I envision him on his day of everlasting Glory:


I see him rising fresh-faced from his torment
And hear the flutter of a small dove's wings


A morning sun seeps through leafy boughs dappling his face -- pale, luminescent, lean 


There is a light of wonder in his eyes --
drenched by dew, God-sent tears
or sprinkled holy water
as from a stone baptismal font 

My grandfather, young again, his time unspent,
smiles joyfully as he sees
the face of Jesus

He is risen -- risen indeed
Thank you Precious Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment