Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NOTHING SHOULD BE EXPECTED OF WHITE PEOPLE ANYMORE -- WE'RE IN THE MINORITY

NOTHING SHOULD BE EXPECTED OF WHITE PEOPLE ANYMORE -- WE'RE IN THE MINORITY
by Verne Strickland  November 17, 2015
Sheryce Holloway (activist colored girl) is tired of white people at Virginia Commonwealth University asking if they can touch her hair or if she knows the latest dance move. At Chicago's Loyola University, Dominick Hall says groups of white guys stop talking when he walks by, and people grip their bags a little tighter. And Katiana Roc says a white student a few seats away from her at West Virginia University got up and moved to the other side of the classroom. (Yahoo)
Get a grip, whiny colored folk. You consider yourselves more important than you are. You should know what it feels like to be part of America's minority race. I'm a white boy -- and I have to suffer with that embarrassment and daily burden. Which means -- if you haven't read it yet (if, indeed, you ever read at all) whites are now in the minority. Right. So where's my free stuff? Where are my food stamps, my reparations, my own president? You people are insignificant because you are small, selfish, ungrateful and unimaginative. Further -- to be basic about it all -- you are hateful. You have become everything you have imagined about the white race -- smug, self-satisfied and entitled. But you lack many racial attributes, such as a legacy of pride and accomplishment. As I hold up my hand to count on my fingers the things you can really boast about, I can only think of one great breakthrough blacks are noted for -- the invention of crunchy peanut butter by George Washington Carver. I know I'm being ugly. But I can do that now that I am part of the minority race in the U.S. Nothing is expected of me, so I won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment