Thursday, November 1, 2012

Beckel: If Gallup's numbers are right, "It is over"

Verne Strickland Blogmaster / November 1, 2012

















FOX News' Bob Beckel says if Gallup's daily tracking poll of likely voters is correct then the election is over and Mitt Romney has won.

 
"But if those numbers are correct, it is over. It is over. So I mean, you're not going to bring Romney back under 50% from 52%, not a challenging candidate," Beckel said on FNC's "The Five" Thursday evening.


BOB BECKEL: It's over. I don't have anything else to say, it's over. It's over.

DANA PERINO: Do you think it's real?

BECKEL: Do I think it's real?

ANDREA TANTAROS: You have to admit Bob, there is panic. I talked to a senior Democrat in the greenroom just a couple hours ago and I said, 'Shoot straight with me, how much panic is there?' And he said, 'A lot.'

BECKEL: I would assume, If I were looking at those numbers and I was managing a presidential campaign, I would be upset on that you're panicked. But if those numbers are correct, it is over. It is over. So I mean, you're not going to bring Romney back under 50% from 52%, not a challenging candidate. So if that's correct, I don't necessarily buy that it is correct.

TANTAROS: Now you don't buy the polls.

BECKEL: No, no, no, no, no. Look, I have a great deal of admiration for Gallup. But you got to remember, it is outside the margin of error. He's outside the margin of error, but still it's plus or minus 4%. So it may be 48, I don't know the answer to that.


Posted By Ian Schwartz


No comments:

Post a Comment